Gunta Ponganalu/Pongalalu/Paniyaram is an age old yummy evening snack recipe of Andhra, it even can be had for breakfast. These ponganalu are mostly done with leftover Dosa or Idly batter. To make these we do need a special cooking pan called "Guntaponganalu Pan".
You can even make these Ponganalu in "Bella MeatBall Maker". As i dont have the Guntaponganalu Pan, i made in the Bella MeatBall Maker which i bought in Macys.
1. Left Over Idly Batter -- 1Cup
2. Grated Carrots -- 1/4Cup
3. Spinach Leaves -- 1/4Cup
4. Oats -- 1/4Cup
5. Chopped Onions -- 1/4Cup
6. Salt -- To Taste
7. Chopped Ginger -- 2tbsp
8. Chopped Green Chilli -- 1tbsp
9. Coriander Leaves
Method To Prepare :
1. First add Grated Carrots, Chopped Onions, Spinach Leaves, Oats, Ginger, Green Chilli, Salt and Coriander Leaves to Idly Batter and Mix them well.
2. Now apply some Oil to the "Guntaponganalu Pan" or "Bella MeatBall Maker" i.e just Grease it and pour this batter into that.
3. Then cook it on a low flame for about 10-15min.
4. Finally Tasty Guntaponganalu/Ponganalu/Paniyaram are Ready to Serve.
Enjoy the Hot Ponganalu with Tomato Kethcup.