1. Round Medium Sized Tomatoes -- 6
2. Gram Flour (Besan) -- 1/2Cup
3. Puffed Rice -- 1Cup
4. Onions (Finely Chopped) -- 1/2Cup
5. Tomato (Finely Chopped) -- 1/2Cup
6. Garam Masala -- 2Tbsp
7. Red Chilli Powder -- 1Tbsp
8. Chaat Masala -- 2Tbsp
9. Salt -- To Taste
10. Fresh Cilantro Leaves -- To Garnish
11. Green Chilli -- 4
12. Lime Juice -- 2-4Tbsp (Add as per your taste)
13. Oil -- For Deep Fry
14. Roasted Bengal Gram (Putnala Pappu) -- 1/4Cup
Method To Prepare:
1. First add gram flour, salt, and 1/2Tbsp of garam masala in a large bowl and mix it well by adding required amount of water.
2. Make sure you make it like a thick batter just as mirchi bajji.
3. Now dip the tomatoes one by one in the bajji batter and deep fry in hot oil. Fry them till they turn into nice golden brown color.
4. Then transfer them to a plate containing a paper towel.
5. When they get cooled, slowly cut each bajji into two halves and remove the seeds with a spoon and make them hollow.
6. Keep them aside.
7. Now lets make stuffing for our tomato bajji.
8. In a large bowl, add puffed rice, chopped onions, chopped tomato, chaat masala, garam masala, red chilli powder, salt, chopped green chilli, roasted bengal gram/roasted channa dal, chopped cilantro and lime juice and mix everything well.
9. Now fill the hollow tomatoes with the puffed rice mixture which is prepared earlier and serve it.
10. So Finally Tasty Tomato Bajji is Ready to Serve.
Linking this Yummy Recipe to