1. Chopped Tomatoes -- 1/2Cup
2. Water -- 2Cups
3. Salt -- To Taste
4. Turmeric Powder -- 1/4Tsp
5. Green Chilli -- 4
6. Curry Leaves -- 6
7. Mustard Seeds -- 1Tsp
8. Cumin Seeds -- 1Tsp
9. Fresh Cilantro -- To Garnsih
10. Tamarind Extract -- 2Tsp
11. Grated Jaggery -- 1Tsp
12. Ghee/Oil -- 2Tsp
Method To Prepare:
1. First take a thick bottomed sauce pan and add water, chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, slit green chilli, tamarind extract and jaggery.
2. Close it with a lid and let it boil for atleast 20min.
3. Then in a separate pan heat ghee/oil and add curry leaves, mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Fry till they splutter.
4. Once they start spluttering add the tampering to the sauce pan.
5. Now you can check the seasoning. Add salt if needed and again let it boil for 10-15min by closing with a lid.
6. Finally Tasty Rasam Soup / Tomato Rasam is Ready to Serve.
Serve it Hot...........
You can enjoy this as it is like a soup or you can even enjoy with plain rice.
Linking this Recipe to :