Ragi is rich in calcium, fiber, protein, iron and other minerals. It is a low fat cereal and most of the fats are in the unsaturated form. A few health benefits are:
- Fibers in Ragi reduces excess appetite, gives you a feeling of fullness, and the slower digestion rate of the cereal allows you to take less calories. This supports the process of weight loss. It helps in treating migraine headaches.
- Consumption of Ragi based diet is helpful for people with diabetes because of the higher fiber content as compared to rice and wheat.
- It is also good for blood formation, muscles repair, bone and skin health.Ragi is a rich source of amino acids.
- The essential amino acids present in Ragi, help to reduce cholesterol by removing excess fat from the liver, prevents the formation of fat in the liver and this, in turn, brings down the cholesterol level in the body.
Now lets see the Preparation of Ragi Dosa:
1. Ragi Flour -- 1/2Cup
2. Rice Flour -- 1Cup
3. Salt -- To Taste
4. Water -- As Required
5. Green Chilli -- 3-4
6. Small Piece of Ginger
Method To Prepare:
1. First mix both Ragi Flour and Rice Flour in a bowl and add required amount of water to it.
2. Now grind green chilli and ginger and add it to the batter. Also add Salt to it.
3. Mix it well and make thick batter as you make for normal dosa.
4. Then pre-heat a non-stick tawa and pour laddle full of batter on it and spread it in the form of dosa.
5. Add Oil to roast the dosa nicely. Once it gets roasted on one side, turn it to other side and roast it for 2min.
6. Repeat the same process for remaining batter also.