Amarnath Greens, also called as "Chinese Spinach" are a common leaf vegetable throughout the tropics and in many warm temperate regions.
Cooked amaranth leaves are a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Folate.
They are also a complementing source of dietary minerals including Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Zinc, Copper and Manganese. Cooked amaranth grains are a complementing source of Niacin and Riboflavin comparable to common grains such as Wheat, Oats and Others.
1. Amarnath Leaves -- 3Cups
2. Moong Dal -- 1Cup
3. Salt -- To Taste
4. Mustard Seeds -- 1tbsp
5. Cumin Seeds -- 1tbsp
6. Green Chilli -- 4
7. Red Chilli -- 4
8. Oil/Ghee -- 2tbsp
9. Tamarind Paste/Juice -- 2 or 3tbsp
Method To Prepare:
1. First wash the Amarnath Leaves thoroughly with fresh water and then pressure cook them along with Moong Dal by adding 1/2tbsp of Salt upto 4 or 5 whistles.
2. Then heat Oil/Ghee in a small pan and add Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Green Chilli and Red Chilli.
3. When they start spluttering, remove it from heat and add it to the Cooked Dal. Add more 1/2tbsp of Salt, Tamarind Paste and Mix it well.
4. Close it with a lid and let it boil for 5-10min.
5. Finally Tasty and Healthy Amarnath Leaves Dal is Ready to Serve.
Serve it hot with Plain Rice....