MUSTARD GREENS DAL
Mustard greens are Winter Crops. They are low in calories and contain a large amount of antioxidants. They provide an excellent source of Vitamins B6,C and E, Calcium and Fiber.
Studies have shown that mustard greens, like other greens have anticancer effects. Mustard greens are also beneficial especially for women who are going through Menopause.
Regular consumption of mustard greens in the diet is known to prevent iron deficiency anaemia, arthritis and believed to protect from asthama and prostate cancers.
2. Spinach -- 1/2Cup
3. Toor Dal -- 1/2Cup
4. Salt -- To Taste
5. Garlic Cloves -- 5
6. Cumin Seeds -- 1tbsp
7. Tamarind Paste -- 1tbsp(Add according to your Taste)
8. Red Chilli Powder -- 1/4tbsp
9. Green Chilli -- 3 or 4
Method To Prepare:
1. First wash mustard greens, spinach and toor dal thoroughly with fresh water and pressue cook them for atleast 4 to 5 long whistles.
2. Then for seasoning, heat 2tbsp of oil in a pan and add green chilli, cumin seeds, garlic cloves. Fry them till the garlic changes its color to light brown.
3. Now add the cooked dal along with mustard greens and spinach into the pan. Mix it well.
4. Then add salt, red chilli powder and tamarind paste to it.
5. Finally Mix it well and transfer it to the serving bowl.
Serve it Hot with Rice...........
Enjoy this Yummy And Healthy Mustard Greens Dal in Making as well as Eating..