1. Toor Dal -- 2Tbsp
2. Coriander Seeds -- 1Tbsp
3. Raw Rice -- 2Tbsp
4. Fenugreek Seeds -- 1/2Tbsp
5. Curry Leaves -- 10
6. Asafoetida -- 1/2Tbsp
7. Red Chilli -- 8
8. Coconut -- 1/2Cup
9. Tamarind Extract -- 1/2Cup
10. Salt -- To Taste
11. Grated Jaggery -- 2Tbsp
12. Mustard Seeds -- 1Tbsp
13. Cumin Seeds -- 1Tbsp
14. Turmeric Powder -- 1/2Tbsp
15. Chopped Tomato -- 1/2Cup
16. Finely Chopped Vegetables (Onions, Carrots And Potato) -- 1Cup
17. Black Pepper Corns -- 6
18. Oil -- 6Tbsp
Method To Prepare:
1. First heat 4Tbsp Oil in a pan and add Coriander Seeds, Toor Dal, Rice, Fenugreek Seeds, 5Curry Leaves, Asafoetida, Red Chilli, Coconut and fry them till they are nicely cooked.
2. Then add Chopped Tomato and Turmeric Powder to the pan and let it cook till the tomatoes become soft.
3. Now let it cool down and blend into smooth paste by adding some water.
4. Then heat 2Tbsp Oil in a kadai and add Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds and Curry Leaves.
5. When the Mustard Seeds and Cumin Seeds Start spluttering add the chopped vegetables to it and fry till they become soft.
6. Now add the Masala paste which we prepared earlier.
7. Add 3Cups of Water, Tamarind Extract, Salt, Grated Jaggery and let it boil on a medium flame.
8. Slowly you can observe that because of the Rice we added in the masala paste, even though you add a lot of water the sambar gets thicker.
9. So Finally Tasty Tiffin Center Sambar is Ready to Serve..