Kale is being called “The Queen of Greens” and “A Nutritional Powerhouse.” Here are some of the great benefits of adding more kale to your diet:
1. Kale is low in calorie, high in fiber and has zero fat.
2. It is great for aiding in digestion and elimination with its great fiber content.
3. Kale is high in Iron And Calcium
4. Kale is high in Vitamin K. Eating a diet high in Vitamin K can help protect against various cancers.
5. Kale is filled with powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants, such as carotenoids and flavonoids help protect against various cancers.
6. Kale is a great anti-inflammatory food. One cup of kale is filled with 10% of the RDA of omega-3 fatty acids, which help, fight against arthritis, asthma and autoimmune disorders.
7. Eating more kale can help lower cholesterol levels.
8. Kale is high in Vitamin A And Vitamin C.
1. Kale Leaves (Finely Chopped) -- 1/2Cup
2. Toor Dal -- 1Cup
3. Onions (Finely Chopped) -- 1/2Cup
4. Tomato (Finely Chopped) -- 1/2Cup
5. Garlic Cloves (Chopped) -- 5
6. Green Chilli -- 5
7. Curry Leaves -- 5
8. Asafoetida -- 1/4Tbsp
9. Salt -- To Taste
10. Oil -- 4Tbsp
11. Red Chilli Powder -- 1/2Tbsp
12. Tamarind Extract -- 2Tbsp
Method To Prepare:
1. First pressure cook both Toor Dal and Kale Leaves Separately and keep aside.
2. Now heat Oil in a pan and add Curry Leaves, Green Chilli, Asafoetida and Garlic Cloves.
3. Fry till the garlic becomes soft.
4. Then add chopped Onions to the pan.
5. Fry till the onions become transparent.
6. Now add chopped tomatoes and cook till they become soft.
7. Then add cooked Kale Leaves to the pan andd cook for 2min.
8. Later add cooked Dal, Tamarind Extract, Salt and Red Chilli Powder to the pan and mix well.
9. Let the Dal cook for 10-15 min on medium flame.
10. Finally Tasty And Healthy Kale Dal is Ready To Serve......