1. Whole Milk -- 1 Litre (Or) 4Cups
2. Sugar -- 1/4Cup
3. Almonds (Or) Raisins -- To Garnish
Method To Prepare:
1. Take a thick bottomed pan and add the milk to it.
2. Let the milk boil on a low flame. Stir it once in a while so that the fat doesn't accumulate at the bottom.
3. After sometime you can see that the milk has been reduced and starts thickening. (It almost takes around 1 hour to come to this stage.)
4. Now stir it continuously and slowly all the water evaporates and it forms a paste which is called as
Milk Mawa or Khoya.
5. Add Sugar at this stage and mix well. After adding sugar it again releases some water.
6. Keep on mixing it continuously till all the water is evaporated. It takes around 5-10 Min.
7. Finally our Palakova / Milk Sweet / Doodh Peda is Ready.
Garnish with your choice of Dry Fruits and Serve.
I have garnished with Chopped Almonds.
NOTE: Make this Recipe by keeping your flame very low.