Oats, through their high fiber content help to remove the cholesterol from the digestive system and reduce the risk of heart disease.
According to Quaker, all it takes is 3/4Cup of Oats each day will help to lower cholesterol.The Soluble fiber in Oats helps to remove the "bad" cholesterol.
By eating Oatmeal you can have some benefits like,
(a) Control your Weight.
(b) Reduce the risk for type 2 diabetes.
(c) Reduce high blood pressure.
(d) Reduce the risk of certain Cancers.
1. Urad Dal -- 1/2Cup
2. Oats -- 1Cup
3. Idly Rava -- 1Cup
4. Salt -- To Taste
Method To Prepare:
1. First Soak the Urad dal in 1cup of water for about 5-6 hours.
2. Then drain the water and blend both Urad dal and Oats it into a fine paste.
3. Now transfer the batter into a vessel and add Idly Rava and Salt to it. Check the consistency of the batter and add more water if needed.
4. Leave the batter for one whole night to make the fermentation.
5. Then next morning, Steam Cook the idlys by pouring the ladle full of batter into the idly plates as you will cook the normal idlys for about 10-15Minutes.
6. Finally remove the idlis and serve them with Sambar/Coconut Chutney/Ginger Chutney/Any Chutney of your choice.