Falafel is a Deep-Fried ball or patty made from ground Chickpeas. Falafel balls are topped with salads, pickled vegetables, hot sauce. Falafel balls may also be eaten alone as a snack.
The origin of falafel is unknown and controversial. A common theory is that the dis is originated in Egypt.
1. Chickpeas (Soaked Overnight) -- 1Cup
2. Onions (Finely Chopped) -- 1 small
3. Baking Soda -- 1/2tbsp
4. Black Pepper Powder -- 1tbsp
5. Chillies -- 4 or 5
6. Coriander Seeds -- 1tbsp
7. Cumin Powder -- 1tbsp
8. All Purpose Flour (Maida) -- 4tbsp
9. Garlic -- 2 Cloves
10. Fresh Coriander Leaves
11. Salt -- To Taste.
12. Oil -- For Deep Fry
METHOD TO PREPARE:
1. Grind the soaked chickpeas, onions, chilli, garlic, coriander leaves to a coarse form without adding water. (Remember not to add water and also not to make it a fine paste.)
2. Now take everything to a bowl and add corainder seeds, cumin powder, all purpose flour, salt, baking soda and black pepper powder to it.
3. Now heat oil in a pan for frying.
4. Once the oil gets heated, make small dumplings out of the coarse mixture and deep fry them till they turn into nice brown color.
5. Finally transfer it to the Serving Plate.
Serve Falafel as an Evening Snack.....
Linking This Recipe to "Kitchen Chronicles - Only Vegan Event"